Sunday, October 3, 2010

j5- sloan's text

I think comparatively, sloan's hypertext was much more effective. The text from the book was understandable, but it didn't hold my interest for long. As for the hypertext, there were pictures and other links that allowed for a much better grasp on the subject. The links weren't distracting at all. It allowed me to go back after a paragraph or two to check out the terms/ people. It actually provided more information than the book. Then again, I didn't click on every link. I think that might've been distracting. I only clicked on the links that I wanted to know more about. However, I feel as if I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't understood it as much. The book gives more detail of the subject, but it was really dry. Although both the book and the hypertext had its pros and cons, I'm a visual learner and having the pictures there allowed me to see exactly what the text was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment